Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

I just looked at Lisa B.'s blog and realized I didn't answer all the questions.  Apparently this is why I never do well on standardized tests.  I just . . . you know . . . forget to read all the questions.

Additional questions--

7.  How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I've been messing around with this one in one form or another for a long time.  Fits and starts, people.  Fits and starts.

8.  What other books would you compare this to within your genre?

I don't know.  I can't remember the last time I read a true YA mystery.  My book is kind of dark, though--like all those books written by depressed Scandinavians.  For the record, I would be depressed if I had to live in Scandinavia, too.

9.  Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Well, living in the Avenues (for reasons you shall see) provided a big push start.

10.  What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?

An awesome cover.  Do you hear that, future editor?  I want this book to have an awesome cover, possibly (in complete defiance of Radagast's wishes) featuring witches and/or trolls, even though witches and/or trolls are not involved.

Also, I think we should tag Radagast, don't you?

4 comments:

radagast said...

Sorry. I've taken my toys and gone home! :)

Louise Plummer said...

I've done my assignment and am not adding more questions. I hold you personally responsible.

Lisa B. said...

YES! Ra-da-GAST. Ra-da-GAST!

Lisa B. said...

(also yes, an awesome cover. I still often pick random books by their covers and 90% of the time I am right!)