Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tag! I'm it!

Hey!  Look at this!  My incredibly kickass friend Lynn Kilpatrick tagged me with a writing assignment about writing.  Thanks, Dr. Write.  Here goes.

1.  What is your working title of your book (or story)?

Wow.  For the first time ever I don't really have a title in mind other than "This Book is Set in the 70's in Salt Lake and Really, Really Bad Crap Happens to a Girl Who's Got a Lot to Learn."  I can only imagine how y'all are clamoring to read this now.

2.  Where did the idea come from?

The plotline grew out of a secondary plot in THE LOSER'S GUIDE TO LIFE AND LOVE, which I eventually abandoned.

3.  What genre does your book fall under?

Young Adult Mystery wherein really, really bad crap happens.

4.  Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Okay, so when I watched (part of) the Golden Globes I realized I don't know who anybody is anymore.  I would need young actors, right?  And I don't know any right now, except for Honey Boo Boo.

5.  What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

After the strange disappearance of a new friend, my heroine goes on a dangerous quest to discover what has happened to her.  (Man, I am BAD at pitches!)

6.  Will your book be self-published or represented by an agent?

I hope my fabulous agent wants to represent it!  We'll see.

And now I tag Ann Dee Ellis, Carol Williams, and Louise Plummer.  Meanwhile, if this assignment inspires you, go for it and send me a link to your blog so I can visit!

4 comments:

radagast said...

I want to read a book about a quest that is NOT dangerous in the slightest. Fun, interesting stuff happens, but there is never any danger of vampires, trolls, or middle-school bullying. I can't take the stress. It's the same thing with My Shows. I don't want Barney and Andy to be held hostage in an abandoned cabin by the lake. I just want them to sit on the porch and eat ice cream and remark about how quiet things are tonight.

Also, Honey Boo-boo is a kind of lard-based golden globe.

And also, also, I don't like tag anyway (passive-aggressive, y'all!).

James said...

"The Lost One's Guide to Bad Crap in Life"

I look forward to reading it. As for actresses to play the roles, Honey Boo-Boo can be one and Hushpuppy (Beasts of the Southern Wild) can be another.

Lisa B. said...

You have to get this book written so I can READ it. danger! danger! I am all about that.

Isn't the book you're looking for, Radagast, called Homer Price by Robert McCloskey? One of my alllllllll time favorites because of the doughnut making machine that runs amok, aka making sooooo many doughnuts, which is pretty much my definition of heaven. Especially with a potato chip chaser.

radagast said...

Love McCloskey! Sal picking blueberries. Bears peacefully co-existing. And doughnuts--well, say no more. But why, I ask you, did the ducklings have to run into trouble? They will carry that trauma with them. Count on it. They will become middle-school bully ducks.

"My, ain't things quiet tonight, Barn?"
"They sure are, Ange. When you're right, you're right. Any pie to go with that ice cream, Aunt Bea?"