Hey! Look at this! My incredibly kickass friend Lynn Kilpatrick tagged me with a writing assignment about writing. Thanks, Dr. Write. Here goes.
1. What is your working title of your book (or story)?
Wow. For the first time ever I don't really have a title in mind other than "This Book is Set in the 70's in Salt Lake and Really, Really Bad Crap Happens to a Girl Who's Got a Lot to Learn." I can only imagine how y'all are clamoring to read this now.
2. Where did the idea come from?
The plotline grew out of a secondary plot in THE LOSER'S GUIDE TO LIFE AND LOVE, which I eventually abandoned.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Young Adult Mystery wherein really, really bad crap happens.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Okay, so when I watched (part of) the Golden Globes I realized I don't know who anybody is anymore. I would need young actors, right? And I don't know any right now, except for Honey Boo Boo.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
After the strange disappearance of a new friend, my heroine goes on a dangerous quest to discover what has happened to her. (Man, I am BAD at pitches!)
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agent?
I hope my fabulous agent wants to represent it! We'll see.
And now I tag Ann Dee Ellis, Carol Williams, and Louise Plummer. Meanwhile, if this assignment inspires you, go for it and send me a link to your blog so I can visit!