Sunday, September 22, 2013

The True Story of TRQ and the Sunglasses

Ugh.

After all these years and even after football is no longer the Family Biz, I still wake up feeling like shit after an ugly loss like last night's ugly loss.  I just said this to Ken Cannon who remembered when he first married into the family and how surprised he was that TRQ wore sunglasses to church the day after a loss like Jackie O on her way to board the Onassis yacht.  He found her slightly frightening, because it was clear those sunglasses were saying to the rest of the world, "Don't look at me.  Don't talk to me.  And especially don't touch me.  Or. I. Will. Kill. You."

WARNING:  I am wearing sunglasses all the whole damn day long.

5 comments:

Anna said...

If I had known about that tradition, I would have been wearing them today too.

Lisa B. said...

I hope you've got some good Jackie O sunglasses. They are called for for sure.

p.s. TRQ is a righteous babe, as are you.

James said...

I think she may have worn them after elementary parent-teacher conferences too.

Philsy C said...

LOVED this story, Ma. You and TRQ make me happy.

Philsy C said...

LOVED this story, Ma. You and TRQ make me happy.