Monday, September 2, 2013

Goodbye, summer

I know.  It's been brutal.  Even I feel like saying "uncle" after days and days of this weather.  In fact, I WILL say "uncle."  Watch me.

UNCLE!

But . . . I am dreading fall and winter even more than usual this year.  I don't know why.  I just already fill the dark ink seep into that sponge in my head, otherwise known as "my brain."  This morning on our long walk down City Creek Canyon, Kathy said maybe the anticipation will be worse than the real thing, and she's probably right.  Life often works like that.

Anyway.  Time to get some strategies in place.


5 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

I hear you.

Bonnie White said...

You and LP can take a girls' weekend to my house in Arizona. Lots of Netflix, sunshine and you can munch on Canadian Puffed Wheat Squares which are right up there with your burgers. Only it's made from cereal so it might be healthier.

radagast said...

Every autumn I'm sure that I won't survive another winter. But, as it turns out, so far I have. But THIS winter . . .

I'm such a drama queen.

Lisa B. said...

Strategies: The desert. Flowers all the time in your house. Drinking something peppy. Scones. Movie afternoon. A faux fur throw--I have two and they are the BEST for snuggling down, which is how you have to be when you watch acres of television. Also, I feel that this might be a good time for you to pick up a shopping habit/practice that involves not buying very much but touching a lot of things. I will teach you how.

Lisa B. said...

ALSO: I think this winter might be a good time to have a Soup Challenge. Every week a new soup. And we compare notes. The "we" can be anyone who wants to participate. I have long thought that soup-making would be a worthy challenge/ordeal.