Thursday, September 26, 2013

Meter update

The very day after I wrote my parking meter screed, I parked on the street downtown.  I was worried that I was running out of time, so I tried to feed it a little extra money to keep the good times rolling.

But can you guess what happened?

Instead of adding more time to the time I had left, the meter re-set and started all over again, which meant I had less time on the meter than I had when I started.

I started screaming in the streets right then, just like Marlon Brando in Streetcar Named Desire.  

Only I wasn't yelling "Stella."  Because I don't know anyone named Stella.

And anyway that would have just been weird.

3 comments:

Megan Goates said...

Do not taunt the meters, Ann. They sense your anxiety. They will retaliate.

Louise Plummer said...

I agree. They know who you are.

Lisa B. said...

They are, secretly, our new robot overlords, and they're just waiting. They're going to wait and watch until we're almost completely undone, and then they will pounce.