Friday, September 23, 2011

A phone thang

I noticed today that whenever the phone rings I start shouting I'LL GET IT! I'LL GET IT! I'LL GET IT! I immediately go into this crazy five-alarm-I'm-gonna-save-that-damn-house-from-burning-down-to-the-ground mode because you know how it is. That phone call is JUST SO IMPORTANT!

And besides I'm doing everyone a favor. I'm answering the phone so no one else in this house has to.

But here's the deal, which deal I just realized today when I nearly broke my neck getting to the phone whilst tripping over dogs and pillows. Here goes: I'm not doing anyone a favor because absolutely no one else who lives here bothers with the phone now. They're just all hey call me on my cell if you really want to chat.

Insight.

3 comments:

Sara Z. said...

About time you had that particular insight. :)

Louise Plummer said...

Phones, cellphones: ugh.

Lisa B. said...

our house phones have been out of commission for quite some time and I'm all, why did we have that house phone anyhoo? I might call the phone company ON MY CELL but then again, I might not.