Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day

So here's a column for Father's Day.

In some ways I'm hesitant to write about my dad publicly--although I do it here on my blog which (curiously and oddly and strangely) feels more private to me.  It's like I'm among friends here.  I guess I don't want to write about him sometimes because it'll look like I'm going all name-droppy.  And I'm also aware that I was (and still am) fortunate to have a good relationship with a father when other much more deserving souls experience real heartache on that front.

Still.  It seems appropriate to say thanks out loud now and then.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.

2 comments:

radagast said...

Well done, Coach.

Erin said...

I loved your column about your dad. I especially loved your sentence about not being sure why you were given the dad that you were, but that you appreciated it. I really liked that comment. I liked that you were appreciative of being given a good dad. I think I was slow to really realize what an amazing father I have and was given. Now that I have first hand knowledge about crappy fathers, it makes me appreciate mine even more.