Saturday, June 8, 2013

And speaking of opinions . . .

Okay, I love living in Salt Lake.  I particularly love living in downtown Salt Lake.  It's a good place for me and mine.

BUT.

I will say this.  One of the things that gets tiresome about living here is the polarization thing between Mormons and non-Mormons.  It's such a waste of time.  And, actually, my experience is that most Mormons and non-Mormons get along just fine on a personal level.

Where you do see the stupidness arise, however, is online--particularly in the paper's comments section.    Apparently ANY topic can be turned into an opportunity to have a pissing match.  Even a topic like--oh, I don't know--hamburgers.

I've been having fun reading the comments about places to buy hamburgers in our fair state.  But I had no idea that Hires is for Mormons only.  Did you know?

I didn't either.


3 comments:

radagast said...

Well so is heaven, so I'm not surprised. :)

Lisa B. said...

Well played, Radagast. But yikes re burger comments.

Louise Plummer said...

Well, I guess I won't be going there anymore either.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.