Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26--many moons ago

Even though Ken Cannon and I went to the same grade school and possibly played kissing tag at recess, I don't remember meeting him until we wound up at Provo High School together.   The first time I saw him, he was sitting at the end of a dark hall wearing a torn up sweatshirt looking too cool for school.  He had lots of dark facial hair and a wild perm.  Only I didn't know it was a perm then.  But whatever.  I am cool with guys and perms.  In fact, my brother had a perm once.  TRQ gave it to him one Sunday night when he was twelve years old before we went on a long road trip, which meant we all had to sit there in a station wagon and smell his hair for awhile.  Although that's not the point.

The point is this:  I thought he (Ken Cannon, not my brother) was cute.  But possibly a bad boy.  A cute bad boy in a ripped up sweatshirt who could certainly NEVER be interested in someone like me.

Little did I know that we'd be walking down the aisle together a few years later on April 26, l977.  That's right.  It's our anniversary today.

Happy Anniversary, Ken Cannon.  You're the best.

9 comments:

Kim Woodruff said...

Happy anniversary!

radagast said...

Yep. There it is. The pretty girls always go for the bad boys, alas. But, okay, happy anniversary!

Amelia said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lisa B. said...

oh happy anniversary! I love you both!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm happy to see that torn sweatshirts and boy perms can result in pure bliss!

Michelle Renee Stimpson said...

I love your writing every single day, but particularly today.

Louise Plummer said...

Two out of my four boys had perms. Loved them. Ken, of course, is not a bad boy at all, and the two of you are a celebration of marriage. Congratulations.

CSIowa said...

Congratulations!

Bonnie White said...

Happy Anniversary. How do you celebrate anniversaries?