Tuesday, May 28, 2013

PSA for the lady quails of America

This morning on our walk, my neighbor Kathy gave us a rundown of her long weekend in Arizona.  Among other things, she told us that a mother quail was nesting on Kathy's daughter's front porch.  So cute!  Except any time people had to use the porch (as people often do), the mother quail kinda freaked.  Even if anyone peeked at her and the egglets through the drapes, she kinda freaked, too.

So THIS is why I am sending a memo to all you mother quails out there:  if you want your privacy, STOP BUILDING NESTS ON FRONT PORCHES.

You're welcome.  And have a nice day.

5 comments:

radagast said...

And quails are masters of the freak-out: topknots flailing, frantic whistling, half-flying half-running about aimlessly. They are the Barney Fifes of the bird world.

Lisa B. said...

This is pretty important information. I hope all those mother quails are reading your blog, as any sensible person, or bird, should be.

(the Barney Fifes of the bird world!)

wjmom said...

One thing I adore about FB is the chance to "like" things without having to come up with a witty comment.

for this awesome post
for "the Barney Fifes of the bird world"." Total win, Radagast!

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James said...

Like! Radagast.

Because I am who I am, and I can't keep my mind out of the gut, I have heard that quail are tasty. I have eaten quail eggs (sorry quail mommies, but if you lay an egg, someone is bound to eat it), but I have heard quail is a delicacy. Is that true? How does it taste?