Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Going South

First and in fairness I must provide context: I came THIS CLOSE to losing my license as a teenager because practically every time I got into our car there was "an incident." Nothing majorly serious. Just majorly stupid. And expensive. Oh, look! Ann just ran into the back of another parked car! Oh, look! Ann just got another speeding ticket! Oh, look! Ann just broadsided Tom Brown's VW on the way to church!

Still, I'm always a little unprepared for TQR's reaction whenever I drive someplace alone. Like to St. George, for example, where I am right now. As I spoke to my dad on the telephone prior to heading out, I could hear TQR in the background going, "LAVELL! TELL HER SHE WANTS TO GO SOUTH! TELL HER TO LOOK FOR THE SIGNS THAT SAY LAS VEGAS! SOUTH! SOUTH! TELL HER, LAVELL. TELL HER!"

My mother. She just makes me happy.

5 comments:

Emily said...

TRQ's right. That could be awkward if you ended up in, say, Idaho.

Randi said...

So jealous.

Emma said...

Someday will you tell me that story about broadsiding my Grandpa's car on your way to church? I had no idea he even had a VW...

And thanks for visiting us while you were here! Like I said, we love it here so much more every. single. day. especially when we see reports of snowstorms up north!

Love you.

Louise Plummer said...

I may have a bit of Patty in me. You are missing some major snow, smarty girl.

Tiffany said...

My mom still doesn't trust my driving. Just because I ran through the fence around our high school track the first time I sat behind the wheel. Not THAT big of a deal.