Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Now HERE'S something that can really make me mad . . .

So today I took my two year-old granddaughter, Bean, (not her real name) to buy cupcakes at Mini's.  (I read her the sign out front that says, "Cupcakes make you happy," to which she responded, "But food makes you sad."  I will make it my life's work to change her mind about this, you can be sure.)

Anyway.  I bought a blue cupcake for her and a pink cupcake for me, which I took home and put way, way, WAY up high so that certain dogs in this house could not get it.  And I thought all was well until I heard an ominous crash.    I charged downstairs and found Zora (aka "Sasquatch") with the cupcake box in her mouth, and really my eyeballs exploded out of my head I was seeing so much red.   RED!  DO YOU HEAR ME?

Big dog eating tiny cupcakes?  Yeah.  That'll make me come unglued every single time.

4 comments:

radagast said...

Lesson? Instant gratification. Don't save cupcakes for later. Eat them warm from the magic cupcake factory. You can always buy more cupcakes for later.

Louise Plummer said...

In our family, that would be reason to put that dog down.

Lisa B. said...

What is this? What is this!? Has this blog turned into a HORROR MOVIE!?

Ashley said...

My 4 year old daughter does that. Uses a chair to stand on the counter to get whatever treat is hidden. Drives me insane. We started hiding treats in the microwave. You could hide your cupcakes there.