Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lists!

I like to keep track of "worsts."  Worst haircuts I ever had.  Worst dates I ever went on.  Worst novels I ever read.  Worst jobs I ever had.  Worst motel rooms I ever stayed in.  Stuff like that.

One of my Worst Lists is called "Worst Drive Home" and it looks like this.
1.  That drive Ken and I made over Soldier Summit in January.
2.  That trip Phil and I made from Provo to Salt Lake after I taught a night class at BYU.
3.  That time I had a blow out on a snow-packed 1-15 at the point of the mountain (thankfully Marvin the Tow Truck Guy showed up and offered to "satisfy me").
4.  That evening the kids and I drove down to St. George for the Presidents' Day holiday.

AND NOW I HAVE A NEW NUMBER FIVE!

Tonight.  Coming home from Lisa B.'s house.  Things were fine at first.  Briefly.  And then POW!  The snow hit, and you know what I thought?  Thank goodness I have a coat, because if I die tonight, at least Ken can't say I died because I didn't have a coat.

I am glad to be home.


2 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

Amen. We drove home from Provo in it. I don't think I took a breath the whole time.

Lisa B. said...

Sheesh! I was worried, but I thought for sure you'd be ahead of it. but wow. so glad you made it, and so glad you're cozied up inside today. you ARE cozied up inside, aren't you?