Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Strange bedfellows

So through a combination of circumstances, I have ended up babysitting my mother's dog while I'm down here in St. George, hiding from the world, but apparently not from poodles.

Anyhoo, when I woke up this morning, I discovered the poodle and his fancy new hairdo in bed with me, except that he was sleeping vertically like a person, and his head was on the pillow right next to me. He turned his head so that his nose was touching mine. He stared deeply into my eyes, and I could almost hear him say, "Well, well, well, life is full of little surprises, is it not?' Only in French.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a saucy poodle!

The Dixon Family said...

Hilarious!

LucindaF said...

Qu'avons-nous ici, la vie est pleine de petites surprises, n'est-ce pas?

I changed the dialect from well, well, well, since it would turn out as bien, bien, bien, which means, good, good, good. I thought that french poodle would instead use, "What do we have here, life is full of little surprises, is it not?"

I think all would agree. And there you have it, translated into french. Also, Peanut was laying on my pillow that way this morning. Dogs.

Lisa B. said...

I was going to say "saucy"!

I don't know if I ever told you about the dream I had where Bruiser was talking to me. Also, the time Bruiser woke me up to tell me something. Remind me you tell you that the next time we converse over le petit dejeuner.

Bob the Woodworker said...

The only thing that would be more revolting would be if he had tried to lick you, a "French kiss"? I hope I never have to live with a poodle.

BBB said...

Sounds like your mother's dog should be a character in one of your books.