Monday, January 3, 2011

Instant communication

One of the ways life has REALLY changed over the past twenty years is in the field of telecommunications. We all have instant access to each other these days, including the babies. Our grandbaby--cute, cute girl--has been staying with us and her parents have a monitor, so when she cries they can hear her even if they're in a different part of the house. And it occurred to me that crying into the monitor is the baby's way of texting her parents. WHERE R U? OMG I AM SO BORED. COME GET ME.

Babies are so clever. LOL.

5 comments:

shelley said...

Hee hee hee, that cracked me up!

Lisa B. said...

oh babies, so technologically savvy these days.

I keep waiting for them to figure out an app so that when I speak, it can be immediately tweeted/blogged/posted to FB. Also, perhaps, when I think. But maybe not, as I find myself thinking a pile of rude thoughts these days.

LucindaF said...

Ha Ha! I read this to Bren and to everyone who would listen to me. You need to write a Chloe column. Like the one you did where Zora was talking. BTW, I loved, loved that one.

So glad you've had cute, cute baby time. I hope you've gotten your teeth brushed by noon. You know how babies change everything.

SWILUA said...

my six year old was on his way home from school and he texted his aunt that he was lost and needed her to come get him.

really he just didn't want to walk home and his aunt had a Wii that was apparently worth lying for.

Anonymous said...

I love your mind.