Saturday, January 22, 2011

The King's Speech

So, Ken, Q. and I saw it last night, and (no surprise given my rabid Anglophilia) I loved it. Such great production values, such great performances (it's always wonderful to see Colin Firth get to play something besides another iteration of Mr. Darcy). At its heart, the movie is about surprising and lasting friendship.

Geoff saw it in England where it is most definitely NOT rated "R." You know the Brits--an f-bomb here, an f-bomb there don't amount to much when you can unload them with a swanky accent.

Recommended.

3 comments:

Anna said...

My husband and I have seen this film twice now and got equally caught up in the story and the people each time. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It's on my list for NEXT weekend. Can't wait!

Mystery Girl said...

It's on my netflix queue cos hubby wants to see it. We saw Black Swan this weekend there was an 'Inception' level discussion after that movie!