Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Signage the New York Post would admire

So I kinda love the New York Post, even though it's owned by the Evil Overlord, aka Rupert Murdoch. The reason? The headlines, baby, the headlines. Do the google thing if you want some entertaining examples. Meanwhile, I have to say the headline writers were really on their game during the whole Tiger Woods story with winners like these: "I'm a Cheetah!" and also "Tiger on the loose: lock up the waitresses!" Headlines like those make me proud to be a human being, even if the article content doesn't.

Anyway, as I was driving down St. George Blvd the other day, I noticed a sign for one of those places that sells removable tops for pickup trucks. And the sign went GO TOPLESS! Which is sure to get your attention in a place like St. George. Although I think maybe the sign should have also added (JK!) because the average age here is maybe like 90 years old.

Okay. Back to writing now.

2 comments:

Geeoff said...

Still the best: Headless Body in Topless Bar

Bob the Woodworker said...

My recent favorite was "What an Astro" when Roger Clemens left Yankees for Houston. Hard to believe what has become of Alexander Hamilton's paper.