Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sarah Palin and stripper boots, part two

Kidding! Nothing here about Sarah Palin and stripper boots today! But, hey, I'm shooting this sweet curl for as long as it lasts.

Anyway, I wanted to talk a bit about writing until I get to the good stuff, which involves cheese toast from Sizzler's. Okay. The writing part. I can tell you truthfully that the more you write, the more you write. And (further) that if you write every day (even on weekends) the writing you HAVE to do gets a leetle easier. Not hugely easier. But still. I notice when I post blog entries every day, I feel warmed up for the big jobs ahead. So blogging. Yeah. It's a good thing.

Now for the cheese toast part. I LOVE IT. But then you would, too, if you'd spent your childhood eating Sunday dinners at Sizzler's because your dad knew someone there who would hook you all up with free meals. (He also knew people who worked at movie theaters and sporting goods stores. Dude. I had a great childhood.) At any rate, one of my kids found this recipe online. We made it for dinner and we all died from cheese toast happiness. I share it with you now.

Ingredients
1 lb butter, slightly softened
8 ounces parmesan cheese, Grated
Italian bread, Sliced (we used regular bread, which was fun and very Sizzler-ish, actually)

In a mixer, cream together the butter and cheese. Preheat a griddle or large frying pan on medium-high. Spread cheese mixture on bread about 1/4" thick. Place bread cheese side down on griddle. Cook until cheese has browned.

3 comments:

Ashley Harward said...

Yummmmmmmm

Lisa B. said...

Oh my goodness. I can taste it!

Though, I have to say, the first ingredient ("1 lb. butter") made my heart stop, both literally and figuratively. And spreading it 1/4" thick?

Mmmmmmm. I have nostalgia for Sizzler, but I think I won't spoil it by actually eating there again.

Louise Plummer said...

You may have a food obsession. Do you need an intervention?