Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Meghan and Laura (and how this relates to writing)

This is how I'm going to make Meghan McCain and Laura Ingraham relevant to my blog, which is about WRITING and not about POLITICS because I took a sacred vow to make this about WRITING and not POLITICS. Meghan keeps a blog and Laura writes a column. In other words, they're WRITERS. (See? I can make this work!)

Anyhoodle, Laura (the alleged grownup) recently called Meghan (a young adult) "fat" and Meghan told Laura to kiss her "fat" whatever. And all I can say is that the Republican party suddenly seems to be the party of skinny blond mean girls these days. What's up with that?

(I've got Meghan's back on this one--I'm kind of a fan, actually. Check her out at The Daily Beast.)


On the food front I made my kids eat corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and Irish soda bread for dinner tonight. I do this every year. And every year they hate it. Ah. Traditions. They're the glue that keeps a family together.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I have never ever liked Laura I., and Meghan is rather adorable, and I think Laura revealed herself to be even meaner and ruder than ever. I loved when M. made the kiss my fat *** remark. Exactly.

I haven't had corned beef in years. Sad.