Sunday, December 29, 2013

Resolutions

This time last year I set a few goals, and honestly I didn't achieve very many of them.  But I actually feel good about the stuff I DID achieve.  This is apparently what happens when you start taking Celexa in the middle of May.  I recommend it!

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of a few things I'd like to accomplish in 2014.  Most of them have to do with writing and finding ways NOT to be distracted from the task at hand.  Online stuff is the biggest problem for me, so maybe I'll spend a few more days down at The Rose (no wifi!) this year.

I'd be interested to hear what your writing goals for 2014 are.



4 comments:

Emily said...

To write. I'm starting small 500 words a day and hopefully growing to something a little more noteworthy. But I'm almost done with a draft and I think 500 a day will get me there in little manageable chunks.

Amen on the interwebz distractions. I try and work offline, but it rarely works.

Megan Goates said...

My writing goal for the year is to tell the truth.

Jeanna said...

Query my manuscript some set number of times (ugh). Finish up my next one (which may or may not turn out to be a crazy plan).

Philsy C said...

My writing goal for 2014 is pretty simple . . . to catalogue my experiences through counting. I derive a lot of pleasure from just counting things like how many reps I do when lifting or how many times I've skied. I also enjoy writing little blurbs about what made the experience good/bad/fun/scary/interesting/boring/etc. A daily "To Do" journal also helps me out big-time. It's not very sexy, but I derive a lot of personal satisfaction from the process. Just writing things down makes me feel more connected to my life. It's also fun at the end of the year to review it all and see how much I have been able to accomplish (even if it is never as much as I wanted).