Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cliff Notes of My Life: a story told in tiny chapters

So my fabulous friend Shelley who loves Kate Middleton the way I loved Princess Diana has just read her biography (Kate's) (not Diana's) and was disappointed, because (as it turns out) up until she started dating a PRINCE, Kate's life was kind of boring.  And Shelley thought her own life would make a better story (she's right), so on her blog she gave brief sketches of the different chapters of her life.

Genius!

So for the next few days I am going to give brief summaries of my life story chapters, too.  Thanks for the idea, Shelley.


Chapter One:  The early years

Born in Salt Lake.  My dad complained of a headache the whole time my mom was in labor.  MEN!  We lived in a teeny tiny white house on an acre lot in Holladay and I thought it was paradise.  Grass! Trees!  Pansies and marigolds!  Vegetable garden!  Orchard!  Chicken coops!  A view of Mt. Olympus from our living room window!  My best friend was a dog.  My mother put the two of us outside to play all day when the weather was good.  I ran away (to the basement) when my parents brought my brother home from the hospital, but no one came looking for me.  BABIES RUIN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU'RE TWO YEARS OLD.

3 comments:

radagast said...

I'm very excited about this project, Ann. Living vicariously is one of my superpowers. Bring on chapter 2, the slightly later early years.

James said...

Waiting with baited breath...which sounds kind of gross, actually, but I am excited for Chapter 2, too.

Louise Plummer said...

Such a great idea.