Thursday, August 9, 2012

Here's what I miss . . .

about walking across England.

Yes.  It was wet.  And yes.  It was hard, in spite of the marvelous company.  It was sort of both awesome and awful at the same time, you know?

Still.  There was something so wonderful, so pure about the simplicity of it all.  You woke up knowing that all you would do that day was walk.  You didn't have to go to the store, answer the phone, respond to e-mails, clean the house, do your job.  You just walked 12 miles.  And then you ate a good meal and went to bed.

You couldn't spend your whole life doing that, I suppose.  But it was nice while it lasted.


3 comments:

Louise Plummer said...

I think I'd do almost anything if I knew someone would fix me a hot meal at the end of the day.

Lisa B. said...

I agree with Louise. And dinner would also taste so so good after waing that much.

Lisa B. said...

*walking. Gosh.