Monday, June 18, 2012

WIFYR 2012

So today was the first day of the WIFYR conference, and it was great fun to see many familiar faces.  Also, I always learn new things, too.  Today in my breakout session wherein I discussed types of journaling authors can do, one woman said a friend of hers keeps a visual journal while she works on a novel--pictures of characters and places, along with graphs and timelines and everything else.

As long as something like this doesn't distract you from the writing itself, I think it's a great idea.  LOTS of fun to be had there, right?


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I really enjoyed your WIFYR session on journaling today! I gleaned some great insights. (And I was relieved to know your Trib columns take you several hours to write. My Des News columns take equally as long, and I've always thought I must be terribly inefficient. :)

Joseph S. Ramirez said...

I liked that idea. :) I'm a pretty visual person myself.

Louise Plummer said...

I always began with a folder of visuals before I put pen to paper. It's a great way to percolate. Have a good week.