Thursday, June 14, 2012

Now here's a place we didn't necessarily expect to be

So last night Ken and I and a couple of the brothers journeyed up to Ogden to watch Q. and his band play in a club.  As I sat (at midnight) looking around at pictures of skeletons decorating the walls while my son killed it on stage, I couldn't help but think I hadn't thought this is what my life would look like back in the day when I put my little boys in matching outfits and marched them over to Olan Mills for family portraits.

But I'm glad it does.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I think watching your kids perform in any venue is awesome...but rock n roll or some permutation thereof? Better than good--it's great!

radagast said...

I remember hanging with my son's band (The Auto-Pirates!) at some dive of a coffee shop on Washington Blvd. and trying not to be the parent who harshed the buzz. Rock on, Q!

James said...

Ogden, club, and skeletons! Very impressive. Q rocks, and so do you. Just being there makes it rock.

Louise Plummer said...

I love this. Charles was in a band and we used to follow him around to various venues in Provo--I thought of them as coffee houses. HA. Q. is a gem.