Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yes, Louise, you're right

i did write that last post to encourage myself to keep going. Especially now that I am one-handed. Speaking of which.

I spent two hours at PT yesterday. TWO HOURS. The guy at the table next to me nearly lost his hand because he got a staph infection after getting nicked by a screw. He didn't even bleed. But before long the guy's hand was a big fat puffy BALLOON and suddenly doctors were all dude! I think we might need to chop that thing off!

Only they didn't. You gotta HAND it to his doctors to find another option.

Yup. A good hand horror story like that makes los dos horas at La Casita de Physical Therapy totally worth it.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I love it when you talk Spanish.

But stories about possible dismemberment make me have terrible dreams. Yikes.

I am so glad that your hand is just having therapy, even long-hours therapy.

LucindaF said...

Dos horas son mucho tiempo para un pulgar pequeño. (Two hours is a long time for such a little thumb.)

Usted es un escritor muy talentoso. Usted llegará sin ayuda. (You are a very talented writer. You will find your way.)

Te quiero tanto.

wjmom said...

Look! Capitalization AND Spanish. Impressive...