Thursday, February 18, 2010

creativity and my left hand

so a friend asked if i've gotten more creative since using my left hand because it's a well known fact that lefties are more creative than the rest of us and i said yes! absolutely! the ideas have just come pouring out of me since i got this damn cast on my right hand and iN FACT i have filled up so so so many notebooks with thoughts and bits of dialogue and character sketches that it would make your head spin.

only problem is i CAN'T READ MY OWN WRITING. at all. and neither can anyone else.

this is a true post. i'm not making any of this up.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so funny and sad. I think I might break my right hand today.

LucindaF said...

I think you should write a broken arm picture book.

Denver said...

This may be a sign that you need to write about a character who is writer that can't read their own hand writing in a time of no computers, type writer, or the such and what each reader takes from said scribbles and the writer's bafflement.

Also Ann, if you haven't gone to the restaurant EVA's on Main yet, you should go. (Not Mexican, but yummy, yummy food).

BBB said...

While LOL I say, I'm sorry.

Annie Link said...

Ha! I once heard an interview with a songwriter who kept a pencil and pad on her nightstand to record her midnight genius flashes. One particular morning, especially excited to see the holy writ she remembered capturing in dream state, she grabbed the pad. It read, "Never buy a coat with a snake in the pocket."

Not that this ever happens to me.