Friday, February 12, 2010

i (and my left hand) have officially gone around the bend

so a gentleman with one arm works at our smiths and the other day i seriously wanted to follow him up and down the produce aisles and swap STORIES because we have something IMPORTANT in common, i.e. one-handedness. and then i got a hold of myself and said ANN! YOUR ONE-HANDEDNESS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT THIS MAN HAS EXPERIENCED AND ENDURED AND OVERCOME IN HIS LIFETIME AND BESIDES HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ELBOW AND YOU DO SO QUIT IT!

Then I went and bought some frozen corn instead.

But still.

5 comments:

LucindaF said...

Going with the frozen corn was a good choice.

On the bright side of going around the bend, the one-armed grocery guy probably feels like he has a very cute stalker.

Tiffany said...

This is the stuff sitcoms are made of!

CSIowa said...

so much depends
upon

a red triceps
brachii

glazed in sub
cutis

beside the white
humerus

Randi said...

He probably would have said "oh, maybe we should CLAP because of how much we have overcome...oh wait, you can clap, but I CAN'T."

That would have been right up there with the time you told the throat cancer patient that he "sure did have a bad sounding cold."

Amy said...

Whatever. Hands are more important than elbows.

Also my mom thinks I'm famous because you commented on my blog. Thanks for that - sometimes she forgets I'm cool and it's nice for her to remember. :D