Tuesday, March 4, 2014

This day

March 4 is a significant date for me for several reasons.  The first is that this is the anniversary of my friend Becky's death.

A while ago I had a dream that Becky and I were together, and I was surprised that she was irritated with me.  I felt badly done by because haven't I been a true and loyal friend to her memory for all of these years?  But then I realized (in a crazy dream way) that Becky was irritated with me because she felt like I wasn't doing a very good job of expressing my love and appreciation for the fabulous friends of mine that are still here and on whom I rely daily.

Which brings me to March 4th again.  This is the birthday of my other great childhood friend, Gigi Ballif.  Happy birthday, Gigi!  May you continue to live your life in your big, open-hearted fashion.  I am so excited for you to have your first grandchild arrive in the next few months, and it will be a pleasure to watch you do what you do best--love everyone unreservedly.

I never had sisters, but I have something better than sisters.  I have sisters of my own choosing.

Here's to my friends.    Thank you, all.




2 comments:

Emily said...

This is lovely. I bet you are an awesome friend.

Lisa B. said...

I'm sorry I missed this post on the very day. You are the best and most lovely of friends. xoxo