Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby now

First, I promise yall that I'll figure out how to post pictures before I leave.

Second, I remember a column I wrote as a young mother wherein I noted that for every pound of baby you had ten pounds of baby equipment. Well, it's a different world. Now for every pound of baby you have about one hundred pounds of baby equipment. When I had babies, you had a crib, an umbrella stroller and a car seat and everyone called it good.

Now there are strollers and buggies and swings and carriers and car seats and private baby learjets. I love the buggies the best. They remind me of the 50's when my mom strolled my brother up and down our street in Holladay when I was a wee lass.

It's great to see your own children and their spouses be such wonderful parents . . .

5 comments:

wjmom said...

I can't wait for pictures!

Amy said...

I hope my mom thinks that when she sees me with my tiny one....

Lisa B. said...

I feel extra deprived that neither I nor my children had a baby Lear Jet.

shelley said...

I think baby gear has gotten smarter and better engineered too. I can't count the times my grandma and my mom have seen the gear I have and said, "My word that's smart! We didn't have anything like that when I was raising kids."

Tiffany said...

Oh yes, baby pictures, please!