Sunday, January 17, 2010

observation apropos of nothing

yesterday my mom (aka the rodeo queen) gave me a scentsy which is a non-candle candle thing that makes your house not smell like 2 dogs and 3 cats. it's really powerful and i think most people would walk in here and go wow! spicy vanilla. but i walk inhere and go wow! oral surgeon's office because our oral surgeon always has suffocating pumpkin cndles burning in his office.

so now my house smells like oral surgery.

it's like when i started having our babies at women's centers as opposed to mere hospitals, the rooms were filled with baskets of eucalyptus to give them a nice homey feel--the kind you'd get at a bed and breakfast in vermont. but i just felt like i was suddenly having our babies at a craft store.

either that or the quilted bear.

9 comments:

wjmom said...

We once DIDN'T buy a house because of the nauseating smell of something vanilla.

On the bright side, you don't have to have oral surgery.

LucindaF said...

Z and A told me they were offended. They said, and I quote, "What about G and Q?" And also they mentioned tuna fish casserole, along with liverwurst.

I hate to say it, but they may have a point. Atleast with the liverwurst.

Also they said they would like better kibble and more belly rubs.

I'm just the messenger.

Lisa B. said...

Hilarious. Those candles make me sneeze and simultaneously give me a headache. When I walk by Bath & BodyWorks, I have to give it a wide berth, because (see above). But giving birth in a craft store? Two words: funny, and exactly.

Randi said...

Ha ha! My sister gave my mom one of those a few years ago and she never uses it because she says the smell is sooo strong!

link2literacy said...

I'm home sick today, coughing, Coughing, COUGHING. Husband suggests several times that I suck on a Hall's drop. I resist for as long as I can stand his nagging. Finally, giving in I know why I resited: they smell AND taste like lemon Lysol. I guess that's okay if the lozenge is disinfecting my throat.

link2literacy said...

"resiSted"

candace said...

ha ha. I hear you have a speaking engagement at my home ward on Tuesday. I'll let my mom know to burn some candles...or plug in some scentsy for you! I may just come say hi, too! can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Amy said...

I hate vanilla. My rule is that if you walk in and notice the smell it's too strong. Problem is when you're already "in" you totally lose track of the poopy diaper/scentsy mixture and when you return (assuming you ever left your house) you suddenly remember how many people have entered your home recently and been smacked in the face with that exact smell. *sigh* life is hard.

Tiffany said...

This post made me laugh at every turn. I know exactly what you mean. And I will never look at eucalyptus leaves the same way again!