Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Read, she said!

You've heard this bit of advice before: if you want to write, you have to read. A lot. So that's what I'm doing tonight. I'm reading a lot because yes! I want to write!

Only I'm not sure if reading cooking magazines is what the original advice giver had in mind. Can't help myself though. In particular I'm reading cookie recipes. Just finished one for "Buttery Shortbread Cookies." Next I'll read a recipe for "Clove Snaps," which (among other things) calls for a little black pepper. And then after that I'll tackle the bit about "Ginger Bars."

M-m-m-m-m. Ginger Bars.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

The other night when I couldn't sleep, I picked up a little reading material known as "The Martha Stewart Holiday Special Publication," with many recipes, crafty Christmas ideas, etc. What an excellent read!