Monday, January 23, 2017

Listening to Tana French

Or maybe not actually listening to Tana herself--listening, instead, to her novel Broken Harbor, read as an audiobook.

Lisa B  is a great fan, so when I told her I was finally becoming acquainted with the French's work, Lisa told me to start at the beginning with In the Woods.  However, I had already become hooked on Broken Harbor--not so much on the story at first (although I am now), but because I am a sucker for stories read to me by men (sorry, ladies) with any kind of British (English, Scottish, Welsh, or Irish) accent.

Meanwhile, I am marveling at Tana French's prose.  Soooooo amazingly fine.  I can't believe I've waited this long to invite into my life.

3 comments:

Dr Write said...

She is one of my favorites! It sounds like a fun idea to listen as well...

Emily said...

I listened to In The Woods while climbing Mt. Whitney. I loved it.

Lauren said...

I happen to be in this writers' group and one of us has a Welsh accent. It's the best when it's her turn to read.