Louise has this fabulous book of writing prompts. If I can remember to, I'll get the title from her and pass it along to you. Anyway, one of the prompts goes like this: "What can happen in a second?" And here's what I rush wrote (in about five minutes).
1. You can decide to switch lanes on the freeway and run into that car in your blindspot.
2. You can see how much you weigh when you step on a scale. Sad face!
3. You can taste salted caramel gelato.
4. You can see Donald Trump's face on the TV screen and go WTF?
5. You can call your dog's name.
6. You can notice that your dog chewed up the sock you knit on the way home from Texas.
7. You can hear church bells ring outside of Louise's apartment.
8. You can catch the scent of someone's perfume. "Light Blue" by Dolce and Gabbana, just like Kelly used to wear.
9. You can strike a match.
10. You can forget the thought that was on the tip of your tongue.
Feel free to add a list of your own.