So. The race.
First, the upsides.
1. I finished.
2. The weather was gorgeous.
3. Ken and Geoff were there to cheer me on.
4. My dad put a medal around my neck at the end.
5. I can cross that mother known as "marathon" off my bucket list.
Next, the downsides.
1. I finished--in the top 90% of my age group.
2. Go ahead. Read that again.
3. In other words, I finished in the bottom 10% of my age group.
4. This bothers me.
5. Which means I am more competitive than even I thought I was.
Will I run another marathon? Probably . . . not.
Am I glad I did it? Yes. Absolutely. Loved being in that canyon for almost the whole damn day. Still seeing sage blooming gold in my mind's eye two days later.