Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sitting in a McDonald's

. . . here in St. George, availing myself of the free internet. Ken and I are on our way to our niece's wedding in Vegas, which sounds all Elvis-y, doesn't it? We're very happy for this girl. Watching her grow up has been a true joy.

Meanwhile, I had something to say, but I got distracted by the conversation going on in the booth next to me--five old men in baseball caps, drinking coffee and talking passionately about sports. It looks fun, actually. I have the sense they've known each other forever. Played golf together. Lost money to each other.

So in lieu of anything else to say let's all toast old friendships, shall we? And give our best to the bride while we're at it.

3 comments:

Donna Tagliaferri said...

I am going to temple Friday at 5, are you going to be there around then?
Will we ever meet?

Louise Plummer said...

Toasts all around!

James said...

It was a grand party, and thank you for coming and helping.

Go Eagles. Wake up.