Sunday, May 9, 2010

Somewhere

So I grew up with this fabulous person named Kelly Clark who is pretty much the best violinist in the world, and here's the great thing. She lives (sort of) in my neighborhood here in Salt Lake, which means we run into each other occasionally, which means I get to tell her she's pretty much the best violinist in the history of the world and also that she has great legs.

Which she does.

Also, whenever I see her I say, "I want you to play at my funeral." The last time I said this, Kelly went, "Well, what do you want me to play?" And I said "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" because that's what they played at my friend Becky's funeral. It was a solo on the sax and it made me cry.

Anyhoo. I saw Kelly today and she told me that she has almost finished the arrangement of "Somewhere" and if I want to hear it BEFORE I die, I can attend her concert this fall.

Can I just say how much this means to me? Thank you, Kelly Clark. I love you.

3 comments:

SWILUA said...

Okay, but just for the record, could you please not die soon? Life is feeling WAY too, like, *mortal* lately.

ps: my grandma says she wants a full orchestra to play the Stars and Stripes Forever at her funeral. (And I don't think she's kidding.)(Which just makes it that much more awesome, right?)

Lisa B. said...

Wow, what a great thing. Yet: I agree with Kerry: No dying.

Alyosha said...

That isy FAVORITE song! First dance at my wedding.