Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May . . .

. . . is the best smelling month.

Yesterday I went on a ramble through the Aves, which quickly morphed into an extended sniffing tour. Lilacs! Daphne! Viburnum! Not to mention Sweet Woodruff, crabapple blossom, late tulips and Cheerfulness daffodils. It's just extraordinary that all of this LIFE is so accessible. Step out of your front door and there it is.

Last year during a particularly trying spell, the thought occurred to me that no matter how bad things got, I could always step out of my front door and see some beautiful thing. Every. Single. Day.

And I did.

3 comments:

LucindaF said...

I have lilacs on my table right now. They smell so great.

One of my favorite places to jog was around the MTC and Provo Temple when the trees were in blossom. So rich and fragrant. One of the few times it felt like a pleasure to run.

Sniff away, Ann.

Tiffany said...

I love this thought. I just memorized it in my heart.

Randi said...

What about the Sperm Trees? DesNews can't edit your blog, Ma!