As I've noted here before, TRQ is out to clear her land of snails. So far she's been a) relentless and, thus, b) relatively successful.
But here's what I love about my mother. She's taken the opportunity to learn about snails while she's busy eliminating them from the face of the planet. Here are the Snail Facts she shared with me as we drove to Wyoming together this weekend.
1. Snails can be found on every continent. (So if you were planning to move to Australia to get away from snails, don't bother.)
2. Snails can be 4 inches tall and 4 inches long. (Who knew! Snails can be pets!)
3. Except that some snails bite. (Who knew! Snails can bite!)
4. Snails are deaf. (Which is why they don't come when you call them.)
5. They can, however, see. (Who knew! Snails have eyeballs!)
6. Snails are asexual. (It's always weird to hear your mother talk about sex. Even if she's only talking about snail sex.)
7. Snails can live in the sea. (Hence, proving that the Sponge Bob cartoon series is scientifically accurate.)
See? Don't you feel smarter already?