Thursday, February 17, 2011

On the road

Occasionally the kids will say that Dylan, my third son, is most like me. And this is tragic news on the fine motor skills front, because neither one of us is capable of finessing anything that requires small movements and also patience--hence our trouble hooking up the GPS this morning before the two of us took off for San Diego. Dylan and I sat there in front of the Chevron like FOREVER, trying to plug the wire thing into the GPS thing and guess what. Neither one of us could do it. So FINALLY I said to Dylan, let's tell the Gas Station Girl we'll pay her a dollar if she can plug the wire thing into the GPS thing.

Finally! Miracle! We managed to do it for ourselves! So there's one dollar bill that Gas Station Girl will never see.
.
Meanwhile I have another place to add to my list of Places that Still Sell Single Cans of Dr. Pepper: the Valley Wells rest stop located in the Mojave Desert. Thank you, Valley Wells!

3 comments:

Bob the Woodworker said...

It's funny, because you and Dylan are both so athletically coordinated. I tend to think it has more to do with interest than fine motor skills. I am so glad that I do not have to pick my favorite gas stations on the basis of whether they sell cold, single cans of Dr. Pepper, though I'm not entirely sure what my criterial would be.

Louise Plummer said...

I wish I'd read this sooner, so I could have had you bring back some Canada Dry diet ginger ale, which they don't sell in Utah. We have a state gun, but we can't have Canada Dry diet ginger ale? Give us a break!

DylanE said...

Good thing we got that in a few times on the trip, or that gas station attendant was going to be rich. But, the Mojave Desert may have cold Dr. Pepper, but they also have 5 dollar per gallon gas. So, it wasn't exactly a win.