Monday, February 21, 2011

Dreaming

I had a nightmare last night.

I dreamed that my old piano teacher signed me up to play in the Gina Bachauer competition. So there I sat in the audience, waiting for my turn, wondering if I'd practiced enough (the answer was "no") and also why I was wearing grey anklets with my party shoes. I also wondered if I'd shaved my legs (another "no").

Suddenly the woman sitting next to me started mocking the contestants and also suddenly I started wondering if she would mock me, too (the answer was "yes") because I was going to perform "The Spinning Wheel," which I hadn't practiced. And then I realized I didn't even have my music with me. And that I needed to run home in my grey anklets and my party shoes to find my music in my impossibly messy house.

I was SOOOOOOOO relieved to wake up this morning.

But I do wonder what I'm SOOOOOOO anxious about?

3 comments:

DylanE said...

You're taking up piano, again? Aren't you a little old?

Louise Plummer said...

That was definitely an anxiety dream. The only thing worse would be if you were wearing nothing but those socks.

wjmom said...

The word verification is "undairro," which reminded me of Underoos. The dream could have been worse. Just sayin'.