Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Blog Feature: Fish Death Watch!

So Phil dropped by yesterday and noticed I have a new fish, which I bought impulsively, because I am mostly an empty-nester now and apparently somewhere in the recesses of my head a new fish = a child. And also it must be said that sometimes I buy impulsively.

Anyhoo. Phil goes really? That fish will be dead in mere days because, Mom, you always kill fish, and people I took this as a challenge. It was almost as if Phil had slapped me across the face with that fish (which wouldn't have hurt because the fish is like 2 inches long, so don't worry) and challenged me to a duel. Game on, I said.

Every week I'll give you an update on the fish, and we shall see what we shall see.

9 comments:

LucindaF said...

Phil will be eating fish flavored crow.

The gauntlet has been thrown down. I look forward to titilating fish updates.

Louise Plummer said...

I bought Elliot a fish while Sam and Sarah were on vacation. They hate that fish, but it keeps living two and a half years later.

Live, fish, live!

Anne said...

Is it a Beta? Cuz dem's fighting words.

Lisa B. said...

You need a live feed to video of that fish. In other words, you need a FishCam.

Mystery Girl said...

Don't let my husband near your fish and it will live a long and healthy life, my mum put it best when she mixed her cliches, he doesn't have fish fingers:-)

Sarah said...

Um, Louise, try THREE and a half years later. And not only does it keep living, it keeps growing.

My advice, Ann, is to treat the fish like you expect it to die. You know, leave on vacation for a weekend and just drop extra food in the water before you go. When the water looks like broth, wait a day, and then change it. Don't give it a name. Don't put fancy pebbles or plants or teeny treasure chests in the bowl.

The fish will thrive.

Erin said...

I just killed a bamboo plant. All I had to do was water it once every couple of weeks and I couldn't even handle that. I would definitely kill a fish. But, I am rooting for you. Prove Phil wrong.

LucindaF said...

Lisa B. A fishcam is a great idea. It's got to be more entertaining than that farmville game on facebook. Although, if we're going to have any sort of animal cam in the cannon household, I vote for a Zoracam. Because I want to follow Ann around the kitchen all day and get in her way.

Bob the Woodworker said...

I agree with Lucinda - we should put a small camera on Zora's head and watch Ann in the kitchen. But, then, we would also have to see Zora lifting up the toilet seat to quench her thirst and we might even find out how she lifts up the toilet seat with her head, oh dainty giant that she is!