Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks!

That's some straight-up King Lear for y'all today.

Meanwhile, I tried to post a picture of leafy sidewalks (the winds have been blowing and cracking all morning), but it keeps coming out sideways.  Lisa B!  I need a tutorial!

Anyway, as I was raking leaves I thought about the things I'm grateful for (it's November, you know) that I wanted but didn't get.   Like sisters.  Daughters.  And a bigger yard.

 I always fantasize about having a Tasha Tudor type spread with lovely old-fashioned gardens everywhere.  In the spring I would fill them with daffodils, Lenten roses, hyacinth, tulips, peonies, peonies, peonies, and lily-of-the-valley.  Summer?  Cosmos, daisies, roses, phlox, and red daylilies, of course.  And come fall those gardens would explode with asters and anemones.

But when it comes right down to it, my little garden keeps me busy enough w/o overwhelming me.  That's something to be grateful for, right?


1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I love this post so much I can hardly even speak. But: I am at the ready for a picture tutorial. Any time!

I love love your garden, as I have perhaps mentioned before. And I think of you as quintessentially a gardener. I think you should have more garden space, but one thing I love about you is how you love what you have. I remember one time some very good advice you gave me in that regard.

I need to come visit your late autumn garden, stat.