Saturday, March 5, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

Ken and I have spent the past few days in Vegas on business (for him)(not me). It's been pleasant. The weather has been warm-ish and there was plenty of time for napping. Also eating. I ate with my brother Jimmy at (I think) the Lotus of Siam. Or maybe it's called the Siam Lotus. Or perhaps it's called The I Have a Siamese Cat Named Lotus Cafe. Something like that. Anyway, it was really, really fab. And then for lunch today I had bacon wrapped dates because why wouldn't I? Two thumbs up for those.

We're sitting in the airport now. Praying hard for decent weather back home. And also for a safe flight because yeah. An unsafe flight would suck.

4 comments:

Bob the Woodworker said...

Yes, unsafe planes ususually suck! Marvelous grasp. And bacon-covered dates - how could such a concoction possibly be made for human consumption?

Lisa B. said...

travel safely--I kind of would like a trip to Vegas myself, Vegas which I have never liked but because it is Vegas, it's desert-y and, for me at least, anonymous, and therefore a relief from everything. And I hear they have bacon-wrapped dates there.

Mandrews said...

You HAVE to get home safely. Because what would I do without your blog and also your column to read every week? This is to let you know that your words lift my spirits every single time I read something by you. Thank you forever!!!! (Marci W)

Donna Tagliaferri said...

YOU WERE HERE???? I am almost relieved I didn't know because we did a rehearsal dinner (or whatever Mormons call the night before the wedding dinner) gentiles call it the rehearsal dinner...it is food after a quick run through at the church. Ours was a joke...the Priest who was supposed to marry us stayed in Reno, where he was GAMBLING!!...the best man fell in love with one of my bridesmaids, and when crazy when she didn't finish her prime rib. My father gave me 200 dollars as a wedding gift at the rehearsal dinner, which i promptly handed over to the waiter...I had no idea how we were going to pay for it until that moment. Anyway I digress, we did a dinner for 65, and then the reception for 300 the next day...and the flowers. Our little business, got the business real fast. It went so well, but I would have been devastated if I knew you were here and couldn't properly visit with you. Next time you come, I will make the most delicious meal for you! You will feel loved!!