Saturday, December 18, 2010

A holiday recommendation for you . . .

because I have your back this Christmas.

Anyhoo! I just bought myself (on impulse!) the new Annie Lennox Christmas cd because I do love me some Annie with her strange and wonderful voice that runs the gamut from torchy to lilting to vaguely sinister. And all of those vocal qualities are on display in her new collection of traditional carols. There's a rough beauty about her arrangements, amplified by an African children's choir singing backup. Really, it's just a great cd.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation(and for having our backs...). Annie Lennox rocks. To my way of thinking, she is the original Pink. Will be adding this one to my playlist.

Lisa B. said...

very very pleased to hear about this, as I did not know there was an Annie Lennox Christmas cd--I will run right out and get it! Or download it!