Saturday, June 13, 2020

Dreaming a Dream

When I'm this kind of depressed, I stop dreaming. Or maybe I don't stop dreaming but I can't remember my dreams when I wakeup, which makes me sad because I have always relied on my dreams to instruct me--if not exactly entertain me-- at some level.

But last night I dreamed I was my regular self. My regular, anxious, laughing self. And when I woke up this morning--still with the heavy dark blanket of depression swaddling me--I felt hopeful. So I'm just going to say thanks to the universe for that and let it be what it is.

Thanks, Universe.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I’m glad I stopped by to hear this bit of good news. I dreamed about characters from Veronica Mars the other night, and maybe also from My So- Called Life, so help me. Also, let it be said, I’m not sleeping when I should/could be at the moment. There’s that.

Jim said...

I am glad you had the dream, and i glad the dream was what it was. I seek guidance from my dreams too. Keep dreaming.

gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.