Friday, January 4, 2019

Therapy animals

So you sure see a lot of dogs in airports these days.  I feel like I'm in Europe thirty years ago where I first saw people take their dogs to places like restaurants and so forth.  At home in Provo where I grew up you never saw dogs in restaurants.  They were too busy roaming the streets in packs with fellow dog gang members like Otto and Ferd and Daisy.

Also, you barely saw restaurants in Provo when I was growing up.

But now I'm starting to see the dogs show up in all kinds of places as (I'm assuming) "therapy animals."  Which is great.  If a dog or a cat or a peacock or whatever helps a person manage anxiety, more power to everybody involved.

It's just that MY dogs--even though I love them-- cause me a certain amount of stress.  Especially in public places because they're all PARTY! PARTY! PARTY! and IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!  Stuff like that.  If I took Tinkerbell to the airport, for instance, I think she'd knock over the first Auntie Anne's Pretzel Stand she saw and immediately consume all the pretzels in sight, as well as the pretzel clerk's right shoe.

And yeah.  That would NOT make me feel totally zen as I was about to board an airplane where there is nothing between you, your seatbelt and the hard ground below except miles and miles of empty air.

Not that flying makes me nervous.

1 comment:

Erynn Kerrigan said...

This made me laugh! haha Thank you!