Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A New Year's Resolution for 2019

. . . because why would I keep making resolutions for 2018?  Even though I accidentally put on my husband's running shoes after we finished bowling with the grandkids yesterday instead of my running shoes ("Wow!" I said to myself when I put them on.  "Who knew bowling made your feet shrink!") I am not stupid enough to make resolutions for a year that's already in the rearview mirror.

Anyway.  I had a moment not long ago when my friend Vikki was reading my Native American medicine wheel cards, which is a thing, yo.  I realized that I have spent that last few years walking away from my self-identity as "a writer."

There are a lot of reasons why all the walking away has happened.  Discouragement. Fatigue.  Family issues.  Distractions like the internet.  Changing interests.  So on.  So forth.  And mostly I told myself I felt okay about it.  Hello.  You don't need to be a writer to be happy in this life.

But guess what.  I need to be a writer to be happy in this life.

And so my goal this year is to own my true identity and write.


1 comment:

Dianna said...

How do you make a little heart symbol like on Facebook? I don't know. But I love this.