Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Sort of like Fifty Shades

So I had an emergency root canal this morning (good times!) and wow.

Let it be said that I love my dentist.  He's a friend!  And a dentist!  And it was awesomeness all around how he worked me into his schedule today because I had an angry tooth that just kept yelling at me.

But.  Root canals.  Ugh.

By the time I was lying upside down with a rubber shield over my facial parts, I felt like I had wandered onto the set of Fifty Shades.

In other news, while I was waiting for my dentist, I read a story in People called "Khloe Kardashian Breaks Her Silence."  And I was all WHEN WAS SHE EVER QUIET?


5 comments:

CSIowa said...

People complain about root canals, but I love them! They are the solution. It's the pain that goes along with needing one that's the problem. Glad you got fixed up.

Megan Goates said...

People view root canals as the quintessential Worst Pain Ever. This is because lots of people in the world have never given birth before. But. Root canals are still awful. I had one awhile back and the doctor kept having to re-medicate me and re-X-ray me, all while he repeatedly said, "Ooh boy, these are some squirrelly roots." Also, he was singing along to the soft hits playing in the dental office. But he hummed a lot because he didn't know the words.

Anyway, I'm sorry about your mouth, and thank you for that Fifty Shades comparison.

Philsy C said...

I HATE the plastic mask. Mostly because I can't breathe through my nose. The combination of someone drilling in my mouth and me suffocating has just never appealed to me in the way that autoerotic asphyxiation does.

Bonnie Heather White said...

I laughed out loud at your Kardashian comment. Love these posts.

Paige said...

Oh the dentist. the Kardashian's are never quiet and neither is the media about them. Imagine what kind of good things could be filled into the void if the Kardashians were all of the sudden out of the pictures.