Friday, November 12, 2010

Yeah, I'll take credit for that

Yesterday after my presentation at the downtown library, a woman told me how much she enjoys my column. "I especially loved the one where you said how your husband's family re-uses their dental floss!" Then she laughed. Merrily.

So okay. I know I write about families. And embarrassing stuff. And families who do embarrassing stuff. But it would be a long long long long LONG time before I outed in-laws over a personal hygiene issue--or anything else. You can tell stuff about your own flesh and blood, but not your in-laws.

Besides which my in-laws would never re-use their dental floss. They don't even touch each other's bath towels. Ken was appalled when we first got together, and he realized just how much my family viewed as communal property. But that's not the point. The point is this. I just smiled and thanked the woman because dude! I am always happy to take the credit for anything that made someone else laugh.

4 comments:

LucindaF said...

ha ha
Ken would be super appalled at my house. Everyone drinks out of the same cup. But dental floss, no.

She may have mixed the story up, but she knew you are one funny chic. And VERY missed on Mondays.

BBB said...

Your in-laws do what!!???


JK. LOL.

Amy said...

Meh, she probably thanked someone else for your article about shopping for Christmas in August and how that NEVER works. These things always even out - right?

Tiffany said...

Well played, Mrs. Cannon, well played.

P.S. I loved that bestselling novel you wrote about the little wizard boy and his friends.