Sunday, April 1, 2018

Little Red Riding Rodeo Queen Hood

So.

My Mother, the Rodeo Queen, has always been this long-legged cowgirl from the hinterlands of Wyoming who could out-eat fifty football players at the evening training table and still stay reed slim.

I, on the other hand, am naturally built like a football player at the evening training table, albeit a super short one.  That's me.  A miniature football player.   And also a miniature football player  who totally sucks at throwing.  But whatever.  The point is I've always had to watch my weight and yes.  I've spent many years watching my weight go up.

Now, even though she's in her 80's, TRQ still eats like a champ, something I remembered Friday morning when we went out for breakfast together.  When I looked in her car, I noticed she had her basket of goodies in the front seat with her.  Crackers.  Toffee.  Licorice.  Perhaps an apple or two although I'm not sure I saw any fruit this time and, truly, the fruit is mostly for show.

Why the basket?  You know.  To keep her strength up as she journeys from Provo to Salt Lake and back again.

Seeing that basket made all kinds of happiness bubble up inside of me.  I love my big alive TRQ.

3 comments:

CSIowa said...

I don't know how long it took you to get this post's title just right. Maybe it just rolled right off your tongue. In any event, you did get it just right. Someday maybe I'll get to meet TRQ.

radagast said...

So glad your bloggy self is back.

Lisa B. said...

this is amazing. also, your mom is amazing and you are amazing. I want to travel with a basket of snacks at all times.